The Grady Memorial Hospital School of Nursing was chartered in 1898. The school closed following the graduation of its 1982 class, and merged with the Georgia State Department of Nursing. The Grady Memorial Hospital Municipal Training School for Colored Nurses was organized in 1914 by Mrs. Ludie Andrews, who served as Superintendent of the school until 1922.
From 1922 to 1965 the school was under the direction of the white Nursing School. In 1965 the two schools were combined. Nancy Wooten served as Registrar and Field Director of the Hospital's professional schools from 1956 until her retirement in 1980.